The Digital Convergence Initiative presented its first annual Connect|Converge|Conquer Party during SXSW Interactive 2006.
Date: Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Time: 7PM to Midnight
Ballet Austin, 501 W. Third, Austin
Weston Center, 112 E. Pecan Street, San Antonio
Performing in Austin:
Performing in San Antonio:
What: DCI powered two major events at SXSW 2006: The SXSW Interactive DCI Panel Track and the C3 Party on March 14.
DCI created 14 timely panels in two important categories:
- Digital Convergence and Creativity
- Digital Convergence and Commerce
DCI's sessions explored digital convergence trends and how the Texas Technology Corridor (TTC) can use Digital Convergence to create new opportunities for economic growth.
DCI followed its SXSW sessions with:
- Connect-Converge-Conquer (C3) party/event. Like any good party we'll have Live Music, Hor d'oeuvres, a Cash Bar, and Great People.
- Showcase of the first DCI regional testbed in Adaptive Web Services with a real time link to a sister party in San Antonio.
- C3 Mobile Content Festival with showings of the submitted materials and awards for the categories of Mobile Games, Films, and Applications. (Note: the Mobile Content Festival is a project of the Digital Convergence Initiative and is not affiliated in any way with SXSW Interactive.)
Foundation Sponsors for DCI include Advanced Micro Devices, Radio Shack, The City of Austin, and Regnier Valdez.
DCI is honored to receive the commitments and generosities of the following sponsors:
Gold Event Sponsors
Silver Event Sponsors
Department of Computer Sciences at UT Austin
Winstead, Sechrest & Minick P.C.
Alamo Beer Company
Apple Computer, Inc.
Austin Music Commission
Austin-San Antonio Corridor Council
Critical Mass Interactive
Mobile Monday Austin
Red Velvet Events, Inc.
San Antonio Film Commission
Technology Futures Inc.
The Catering Company
The Glass Slipper Events
Walkie Talkie Productions
West Park Foundries
Thanks to Polycot Consulting for managing the Digital Convergence Initiative's online presence.
Event planning by Red Velvet Events.